External Funding Unit
Do you have a training and development need?
External Funding Unit
Identifying, securing and managing funding to support individuals, businesses and communities across Yorkshire and Humber as well as the North of England and the Midlands. Calderdale College are the accountable body for a number of European Social Fund (ESF) funded projects on behalf of West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges and manage over £70M worth of Skills Funding on behalf of the SFA.
To find out more or to be added to our mailing list for funding opportunities contact the Funding Unit on 01422 399 339 or email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter @FundingUnit
What We Do
English & Maths for the Employed
Support is available to help you train your staff through fully funded English & maths qualifications at no cost to your business
Who can be supported?
• Employees aged 19+ with an identified English and/or maths need (below level 2)
• Employees from businesses throughout Yorkshire & Humber and the North West regions (excluding South Yorkshire and Merseyside)
Additional funding available
Small and medium businesses (SMEs) can access funding enabling them to release staff to undertake training during work time. Businesses with fewer than 250 employees can claim up to £800 per employee for up to 3 employees.
How can I access training?
You can browse a list of our training providers here.
Read about how Any Driver have helped over 80 self-employed driving instructors access training through the English & Maths for the Employed programme here.
The Skills Enhancement Fund (SEF)
Calderdale College manages the Skills Enhancement Fund on behalf of West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges. It is funded by the Skills Funding Agency through the European Social Fund and provides part-funded training to employers across the Yorkshire and Humber region.
The College’s External Funding Unit also manage the Workplace Learning contract, available throughout the North of England and the Midlands as well as in Yorkshire and the Humber. Workplace Learning is funded by the European Social Fund, co-financed by the Skills Funding Agency. Calderdale College are the Accountable Body for the Workplace Learning Programme on behalf of West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges.
Read about our additional projects here.
What We Have Achieved
Over the last 12 months we have…
- Supported over 3,000 employers to upskill staff
- Enabled over 13,500 individuals to access training
- Worked in partnership with 17 organisations throughout Yorkshire and Humber to deliver over 50 events, inspiring over 8,000 visitors through skills based activities and competitions.
How to Work with Us
- Follow these links to find out more about Workplace Learning, the Skills Enhancement Fund and the LEP skills service.
If you would like to become one of our LEP skills service training providers, click here.
- If you would like to work with us, the first step is to contact our Partnership Advisor Team on 01422 399 339 or firstname.lastname@example.org