You may be invited to an Admissions interview at Calderdale College. The Admissions interview is a chance to show the tutor who you are as a person. Donâ€™t be afraid to talk about things you have achieved, you only get one chance to make a first good impression. The tutor will also want to know why you chose the course, what your plans are for the future and if you have any relevant experience that will benefit you while you study.
We understand that it is normal to feel nervous about interviews, but doing some simple preparation will increase your confidence. Following the suggestions on the checklist below will calm your nerves and ensure you give the best possible impression.
- Learn more about the College by looking at the information on our website www.calderdale.ac.uk
- Bring your interview letter with you so that the reception team can direct you to the right room.
- If you have been asked to bring your Record of Achievement, any certificates or a portfolio of work with you, get them ready the day before so you do not forget anything.
- Make sure you have planned your journey to the College and aim to arrive 10 minutes early so you have time to find the interview room.
- Before the interview make a list of what information you need from the tutor.
- Relax, tutors do not bite and want to help.
- Remember, you are interviewing us; this is your chance to check us out as well - to decide if you want to come to College.
After your interview we will send you a letter confirming the outcome. If you are made an offer, return your offer reply slip to accept it.
You will be invited to an enrolment session prior to the course starting, you may be asked to bring proof of your qualifications.
We wish you every success during your interview and hope you will shortly be joining our College on a course that will enable you to achieve your goals for the future.
If you need any further information or advise please call the Admissions team on 01422 399316 or email to email@example.com.