INSPIRE AWARD WINNERS
Every year members of staff from Calderdale College nominate members of the local community for an Inspire Award.
To find your ideal course click here.
Individuals who are a constant inspiration to the Calderdale community are nominated based on whether they have made a difference to the local community, demonstrated the importance of higher education in the community or championed the entrepreneurial spirit.
The awards were established in 2009 to celebrate local pillars of the community who have demonstrated a commitment to higher education and the local community through their business or voluntary actions.
Previous winners have included:
- Leigh-Anne Stradeski, Chief Executive of Eureka!
- Trevor Simpson, Local Author,Ex-Referee and Founder of Hospital Radio
- Gugsy Ahmed, Head Teacher of Parkinson Lane Community PrimarySchool
- Barrie Rutter, Actor and the Founder and Artistic Director of theNorthern Broadsides Theatre, Local Scriptwriter and Dramatis
- Barry Hill and Roger Harvey OBE Founder of Harvey’s of Halifax.
- Double gold Paralympian medallist,Hannah Cockroft
- Christa Ackroyd, one of the first TV female presenters
- Mohamed Aslam, the Chair of the Trustees of Halifax Opportunities Trust and founder of local youth project The Himmat project
- Christopher Bailey OBE, Burberry CEO & Chief Creative Officer
- Pam Warhurst CBE, Incredible Edible Chair
- Chris Sands, Director and Founder of Totally Locally & theValley of Lights.