You are here: Home International Accommodation



Home Stay Accommodation

Calderdale College does not have halls of residence. We do however have an excellent selection of “Home stay” accommodation (shared house with a family).

Home stay is where you live with a British family. This gives you the best chance to experience British culture and way of life. At the same time you can practise your English language skills outside the classroom. You will have your own fully equipped bedroom with a table and suitable lighting for private study. You get breakfast and evening meal during the week plus lunches at weekends. Towels and bed linen are cleaned weekly. This is a very cost-effective option and many of our students choose to stay in one of our especially selected home stays.

The College employs an international officer who is responsible for providing suitable home stay accommodation for our students. We maintain a register of carefully vetted families. Specific British Council accommodation standards are met and all family hosts must complete a ‘Criminal Records Bureau’ (CRB) check.. Students pay for their home stay accommodation directly to the College and the College then ensures that the student enjoys a quality experience throughout their stay.

All of our international students under the age of 18 stay with a host family.

Private Housing

There is an abundance of private houses/flats which you can rent in Halifax. Although the College does not take responsibility for this type of housing, the international centre will be able to provide some contact details of such accommodation once you are studying here.

For more information please email

Calderdale College is a Highly Trusted Sponsor of International Students
Sponsor License Number: PXF4V0AT8

Contact Us

Find Calderdale College on GOogle Maps

Calderdale College,
Francis Street,
Halifax, HX1 3UZ

+44 (0) 1422 357 357

Course Information:

+44 (0) 1422 399 399

Admissions Team:

+44 (0) 1422 399 316