Sport is a very important part of Calderdale College. We have state of the art facilities including 3G pitch, new gym & new sports hall and our partnerships with Halifax RLFC (who use our facilities for their training base) and local sports clubs. However is is the opportunity for our learners to combine playing sport alongside studying any course at the College which is most important.
What are the benefits for learners in our Sport Development Centres?
- Daily organised coaching, team coaching and training
- Organised fixtures against local and national opposition
- Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications that can lead directly to employment or further study on degree programmes
- Opportunities to study alongside other sports enthusiasts for an enjoyable and fulfilling experience
The Sport Development Centres lead to real opportunities in the following areas:
- Sports therapy
- Fitness industry
- Leisure management
- Pro/semi professional sports person
- Higher education
- Overseas scholarships