Advice and Guidance
The Advice & Guidance team provide:
- Impartial Student Advisors to give information about College courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you
- Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Here
- Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment
- Someone to talk to, trained counsellors provide a confidential, supportive counselling service, with referral to outside agencies where appropriate
- A member of the team to take on the role of advocate if you find yourself in a situation where you would like somebody to speak on your behalf (for example, in a disciplinary)
- Support in any instance relating to bullying, harassment and race hate
- Advice and Guidance is situated in the Student One Centre, A floor of the Percival Whitley Building.
The opening times are:
- Monday - Tuesday 10am to 4pm
- Wednesday - 10am to 7pm
- Thursday - Friday 10am to 4pm
Student Advisers are available every Wednesday (term time) till 7pm.