College Meal Deal
Free College Meals is a government initiative aimed at benefitting those students who are aged between 16 and 18 or are between 19 and 25 with learning difficulties or disabilities.
Students aged 16 -18 years old on 31 August and 19-25 year olds who are subject to an Education Health Care Plan (EHC Plan) may be eligible for a College Meal Deal.
Students who received Free School Meals may be eligible, but other situations may also enable them to apply for the College Meal Deal.
The College Meal Deal, a healthy daily meal provided free of charge in the College cafeteria, part of the Francis Street Campus. There are a number of options available including; the choice of breakfast, lunch or a snack meal (when the shop is open). Vegetarian, Halal and Gluten-free options are available with special dietary needs catered for on request.
Eligible Students who study off campus will be provided with other options to ensure they have access to a meal similar to the College Meal Deal. You will be informed of this once your application has been processed
Are you eligible?
Students over 18 or their parent/carer if under 18 must receive one of the following benefits:
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Income Support
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) provided annual income, assessed by the Inland Revenue does not exceed £16,190
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
How to Apply
For further information or to apply for the College Meal Deal please contact the Advice & Guidance Team on 01422 399367, visit: www.calderdale.ac.uk or come in and speak to an Advice & Guidance Advisor (Room A19, Calderdale College, Francis Street).
To view some of the types of provision you can access as part of your College Meal Deal, please view the menus below. Please note that these offers could be subject to change.