Access to HE Health

This is a one year course designed to give students the necessary qualifications to be able to apply for health related courses at university.

36 Weeks
Theory & Practical

Entry Requirements: GCSE English and GCSE Maths at grade C or grade 4 or above

Course Info

Degree courses students can go onto study may include: midwifery, adult nursing, mental health nursing, child nursing, podiatry, paramedic, ODP, physiotherapy, radiography, occupational therapy and many others.

However, students need to be aware of the additional GCSE requirements that the universities may require in order to apply for one of these course. It is strongly recommended that students check these requirements before applying for this Access course.

The course itself includes 21 credits of Anatomy and Physiology and also includes units in Health Promotion, Health Psychology, Values and Care Based Practice, English Language and an Access Project.

It can provide you with a wealth of knowledge that will enable you to confidently apply for a university place, and will prepare you for the study demands of a higher education course.

Apprehensive of studying a Level 3? Try the Level 2 first…

If you don’t meet the entry criteria for access or feel you would like to build up your academic skills before moving onto the Level 3 Access to HE (Health) why not try our Level 2 course, NOCN Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Employment and Study in Health Sciences (QCF).

It is a foundation for Level 3 with an introduction to many units covered in the Access to HE (Health). In addition, you can study your GCSE’s alongside the Level 2 to meet the entry requirements for the Access to HE (Health).


A variety of teaching methods used including taught sessions, group and individual research and self-directed study

Entry Requirements & Interview Process

All applicants must have GCSE English and GCSE Maths at grade C or grade 4 or above.

Some University courses require GCSE Science at grade C or grade 4 or above, please check with the University of your choice if this is needed.