Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness (QCF)Active IQ
The Level 2 ACTIVE IQ Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) is designed for learners who are preparing for future employment in the health and fitness industry.
This qualification provides the knowledge and skills to enable learners to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective gym or studio sessions. This qualification will provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 2 and can be achieved in the context of gym or exercise to music.
The learner must achieve 4 mandatory units and two units from the Gym-based pathway. The total credit value of the qualification is 23 credits.
- Unit 1 - Anatomy and physiology for exercise (H/600/9013) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Unit 2 - Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 3 - Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 4 - Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits
P1 - Gym-based (Credit Value required: Minimum 10, Maximum 10)
- Unit 5 - Planning gym-based exercise (F/600/9018) this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 6 - Instructing gym-based exercise (A/600/9020) – this unit is worth 6 credits
Teaching is a variety of lectures and practical workshops
Career advice and guidance available for professional tutors in the Health & Fitness Industry.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
Internally assessed: • Coursework • Multiple Choice Examination • Portfolio of Evidence • Practical Demonstration / Assignment
Are there any opportunities for progression?
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, Level 2 Certificate in Exercise to Music
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.
Home Educated Young People
Young people aged 14-16 who are home educated can now access college courses free of charge to enhance their education. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunities available please contact the School Liaison Team on 01422 399332.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Part-time (day)
- Start Date: 24th October 2016
- Hours per week:
- Days: Monday 24th October to Friday 28th October, then Saturday 5th November and Sunday 6th November, Saturday 12th November and Sunday 13th November, then Saturday 19th November or Sunday 20th November for an assessment.
- Start Time: 9.00 am
- End Time: 5.00 pm
- Duration: 1 full week, then 3 weekends
- Course Fees: £650. the fee will be confirmed at enrolment Full Cost Recovery Courses do not attract any funding and therefore the full cost of the fees are payable by the student irrespective of their circumstances.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Business Development
- Department Manager: Grant Soames
- Level: Level 2
- Qualification Name: Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
- Awarding Body: Active IQ
- Course Contact: Gavin Rees (9399)
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: .
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.