Advanced Apprenticeship L3 in Beauty Therapy – General route or Massage route
The Advanced Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy allows you to work in industry where an assessor will come to your workplace to assess you on the practical elements of the course.
The Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy allows you to work in industry where an assessor will come to your workplace to assess you on the practical elements of the course. One day a week you will be released to College to complete the knowledge requirements, train in a realistic working environment and complete the Functional Skills elements of the programme and Employee Rights and Responsibilities if not completed at Level 2.
The units are selected on the basis of relevance to the industry and the employability value and include:
- Body massage
- Indian head massage
- Stone Therapy and Massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils to awarding body andindustry standards
You will be expected to manage your time effectively and work independently which includes, self directed study and independent learning. Consultation skills will be fine tuned to accommodate more intimate procedures.
• Level 2 in Beauty Therapy qualification. • In addition to 4 GCSEs to include English and Maths at grade E or grade 2 or above or equivalent. Appropriate personal presentation including clothing, hair and personal hygiene. • Practical, organisational and social skills. • Attention to detail and cleanliness. • A good sense of humour/amicable nature and communication skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone. • Willingness to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract. • A high degree of dexterity and coordination. Applicants will be expected to be in relevant employment with the support of an employer who can offer work that supports NVQ completion; however, those without an employer will be given job seeking assistance by the Training Officer. Intake is three times a year September, January and Easter.
All applicants will be interviewed and assessed for suitability by a Training Officer and by potential employers.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
Assessment is carried out to the standards of the awarding body and will take place in the work place and at college.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
You will be able to embark on a career as a qualified Beauty Therapist, giving you the options to work abroad, on cruise liners, work for established national and international companies, become self-employed, or move into related industries such as film and television alongside taking the Level 3 Hair and Media Make-up qualification
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
Before enrolment you will be asked to attend an interview with a Training Officer and complete a Basic Key Skills assessment. The results of this will be used to determine the level of support you will require to complete your framework successfully.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Part-time (day)
- Start Date: January 2017
- Hours per week: 8.5 hours per week
- Days: Monday and Tuesday
- Start Time: 9.00am (Monday & Tuesday)
- End Time: 4.30pm (Monday) 10.30am (Tuesday)
- Duration: 1 year
- Course Fees: No fees payable for learners aged 16-18. For applicants over 18, please contact us for more information
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Creative, Digital and Enterprise
- Department Manager: Carol Gladstone- South
- Level: Level 3
- Qualification Name: Advanced Apprenticeship L3 in Beauty Therapy – General Route or Massage Route
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
- Course Contact: Charlotte Walker (9575)
- Email: email@example.com
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.