Apprenticeship NVQ 2 Beauty TherapyApprenticeship
Learn while you earn in salon and in college. Study NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy and learn on the job.
The Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy allows you to work in industry where an assessor will come to your workplace to assess you on the practical elements of the course. One day a week you will be released to College to complete the knowledge requirements, train in a realistic working environment and complete the Functional Skills elements of the programme and Employee Rights and Responsibilities. The units are selected on the basis of relevance to the industry and the employability value and include:
- Manicure & Pedicure – apply all types of hand and feet treatments as well as provide 2 types of nail finish
- Eye brows & Lashes – types of eyebrow shaping, tinting eyebrows and lashes and applying 2 types ofartificial lashes
- Waxing – you will learn and carry out different waxing techniques and use various types of waxing products on the appropriate parts of the body
- Make-up – identifying all skin types and applying make-up for various occasions to all client groups
- Facials – you will learn how to treat different skin conditions, use various massage techniques, identify and use facial products and equipment, apply masktreatments and provide advice
• In addition to 4 GCSEs to include English and Maths at grade E or grade 2 or above or equivalent. Appropriate personal presentation including clothing, hair and personal hygiene. • Practical, organisational and social skills. • Attention to detail and cleanliness. • A good sense of humour/amicable nature and communication skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone. • Willingness to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract. • A high degree of dexterity and coordination. Applicants will be expected to be in relevant employment with the support of an employer who can offer work that supports NVQ completion; however, those without an employer will be given job seeking assistance by the Training Officer. Intake is three times a year September, January and Easter.
All applicants will be interviewed and assessed for suitability by a Training Officer and by potential employers.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
Assessment is carried out to the standards of the awarding body and will take place in the work place and at college.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
You will have all the necessary skills to be able to work as a therapist in a variety of settings and ideally you will progress to an Advanced Apprenticeship to become a first class Beauty Therapist.
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
Before enrolment you will be asked to attend an interview with a Training Officer and complete a Basic Key Skills assessment. The results of this will be used to determine the level of support you will require to complete your framework successfully.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Part-time (day)
- Start Date: Various
- Hours per week: 9 hours per week
- Days: One day at college
- Start Time: 9.00 am
- End Time: 6.00 pm
- Duration: 1 year for each level
- Course Fees: No fees payable for learners aged 16-18. For applicants over 18, please contact us for more information
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Creative, Digital and Enterprise
- Department Manager: Carol Gladstone- South
- Level: Level 2
- Qualification Name: Intermediate Apprenticeship in NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
- Course Contact: Charlotte Walker (9575)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.