BTEC Level 1 Creative Media ProductionBTEC
A course in which young people will work with skills, media and techniques of the creative industries; on the course you will participate in a wide range of workshops and projects in which you will learn new skills, exploring the areas of:
- Art & Design
The course will include:
This course will include making an animation film, logo design, photography, film, graphics, promotional materials and t-shirt design
- Logo design
- Promotional materials
- Digital design using Photoshop
Skills development will include:
- Planning an enterprise activity
- Self-management skills
- Teamwork and creative skills
- Digital photography
- Film and animation
- Print, graphics
- T-Shirt Design
- Creative Design
Skills development will include; Planning an enterprise activity, self-management skills, team work, creative skills including – Digital photography, film and animation, print, graphics, T Shirt Design, stage and set design
School leavers should aim for at least 4 GCSEs at grade G or grade 1 including maths and English.
Interview with specialist tutor
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
Through project work no exams
Are there any opportunities for progression?
You may progress onto the L2 BTEC Diploma in Art & Design
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.
Home Educated Young People
Young people aged 14-16 who are home educated can now access college courses free of charge to enhance their education. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunities available please contact the School Liaison Team on 01422 399332.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Full-time
- Start Date: 2January 2018 & September 2018
- Hours per week: 15 hours per week
- Days: tbc
- Start Time: tbc
- End Time: tbc
- Duration: 36 Weeks
- Course Fees: Free for Students aged 16 -18 years. For students over 19 please contact Student Services for more information In most cases students aged 18 and under who wish to enrol on a full time further education course will have their fees waived. Students who are aged 19 and over and who wish to enrol on a full time course should contact our Student Services Team on 01422-399367 for more information.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Creative, Digital and Enterprise
- Department Manager: Robin Smith
- Level: Level 1
- Qualification Name: BTEC L1 Creative Media Production
- Awarding Body: EDEXCEL
- Course Contact: Catherine Powter (9752)
- Email: email@example.com
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.