HNC/HND Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF)BTEC HNC/HND
The Health & Social Care HNC/HND Diploma is designed to provide a specialist vocational programme linked to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards.
The Higher National Diploma in Health & Social Care at Level 5 will equip learners with the knowledge, understanding, training and skills that are essential for finding employment in today's highly competitive job market. There are optional pathways which include: Applied Social Studies, Care Practice, Health and Management.
This course is for those students who want to progress to higher education but would like to gain an intermediate qualification that would eventually lead them to a degree or employment.
It is especially suitable for those who are currently employed in the relevant field of work and would now like qualifications that would develop their career further.
This qualification will:
- Provide education and training for a range of careers in the health and social care sector.
- Provide opportunities for you to gain a nationally recognised vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in the health and social care sector or to progress to higher education vocational qualifications, such as a degree, in a related area.
- Develop the knowledge, understanding and skills of learners in the health and social care sector.
- Provide opportunities for you to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Year 1 HNC
- Communication in Health & Social Care Organisations
- Principles of Health & Social Care Practice
- Health & Safety in the Health & Social Care Workplace
- Social Policy
- Working in Partnership in Health & Social Care
Year 2 HND
- Research Project
- Empowering Users of Health & Social Care Services
- Understanding Specific Needs in Health & Social Care
- Contemporary Issues in Health & Social Care
- Supporting Independent Living
- Supporting Significant Life Events
- Workbased Experience
- Health promotion
Entry Requirements BTEC Level 3 qualifications in a relevant subject however applicants with other qualifications are encouraged to apply as experience and prior learning will be taken into account. Offers will be made to students on the basis of both their academic qualifications and interview.
Interview with tutor.
Questions & Answers
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9400.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Full-time
- Start Date: Week beginning 11 September 2017
- Hours per week: 12 hours per week
- Days: Wednesday & Thursday
- Start Time: 9.00 am
- End Time: 4.00 pm
- Duration: 2 years
- Course Fees: £5990 per year. Please contact our Student Services Team on 01422-399367 for advice. All full time higher education students must apply to Student Finance England for assistance towards fees. For help or advice with this please contact our Guidance Team on 01422-399367. All part time higher education students should contact our guidance team on 01422-399367 for advice and guidance on course fees.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Higher Education
- Department Manager: Karen Robson
- Level: Level 4/HNC, Level 5/HND
- Qualification Name: BTEC Level 5 HND Dipoloma in Health & Social Care
- Awarding Body: Pearson
- Course Contact: HNC-Linda Haigh HND-Rajinder Ajiz (9316)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.