Caring for Children Entry Level Certificate NCFE CACHENCFE CACHE Entry Level Foundation Learning
A one year full time programme designed for people who wish to learn how to be a good parent and/or who wish to learn how to care for a young child in a home setting or a day care setting.
- A one year programme if you are interested in how to care for a young child in a home setting or intending to enter a career in childcare. Subjects you will study include:
- Physical Care
- Certificate in Personal & Social Development
- Functional Skills, English, Maths and ICT (this will be a part of Entry Level Foundation Learning)
All achieved through practical activities and group work.
Teaching will include lectures, practical experience, outside speakers and the possibility to attend work placement.
Students will need no formal qualifications to apply. Entry level courses are for learners who want to progress. All students who wish to enrol on a childcare course must have a clear DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) record and supply two satisfactory references. The course tutor will provide details at the interview.
Interview with specialist tutor
Questions & Answers
Does the course lead to a qualification?
Level 1 Diploma in Caring For Children or Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Social Care and Children’s and Young peoples settings.
How is the course assessed?
This programme is unit based. In the assessment students have portfolio tasks, tutor reports, assignments and action plans.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
NCFE CACHE Foundation learning Level 1 Diploma in Caring for Children or Levl 1 Certificate in Introduction to Social Care and Children's and Young Peoples Settings.
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.
Home Educated Young People
Young people aged 14-16 who are home educated can now access college courses free of charge to enhance their education. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunities available please contact the School Liaison Team on 01422 399332.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Full-time
- Start Date: September 2018
- Hours per week: 13 hours per week
- Days: Mon-Thurs
- Start Time: 9.00 am
- End Time: 4.00 pm
- Duration: 1 year (Certificate) 6 months (Award)
- Course Fees: This course is free for students age 16 - 18. For students 19+ please contact our Student Services Team Students who are aged 19 and over and who wish to enrol on a full time course should contact our Student Services Team on 01422-399367 for more information.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Science and Health Industries
- Department Manager: Deborah Tims
- Level: Entry 3
- Qualification Name: NCFE CACHE Entry Level Certificate in Caring for Children
- Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Course Contact: Angela Johnson (9659)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.