Caring for Children Level 1 Diploma NCFE CACHEDiploma
- This will interest you if you are planning to work in the field of childcare. This course includes a variety of subjects including:
- Food and Nutrition
- Craft Activities
- Functional Skills units in English and Maths
- Learn to Learn Activities
- Work Related Learning Activities
All achieved through practical activities and group work.
Teaching will include lectures, practical experience, outside speakers and the possibility to attend work placement.
Course Leader profile
Lora has worked within the Early Years sector for many years and has achieved numerous qualifications within this field, including a Bachelor of Arts in Early Years and a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). These experiences and qualifications have therefore given her a broad knowledge of the childcare industry. Lora thoroughly enjoys teaching and believes the passion and enthusiasm she has for this enables her to inspire and motivate learners to achieve their qualifications and reach their full potential.
An introductory course suitable for beginners. School leavers should aim for at least 4 GCSEs at grades E-G or grades 1-2. All students must have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and supply two satisfactory references. Places will be conditional on this being deemed satisfactory. An interview with a specialist tutor will also be required.
Interview with specialist tutor.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
This programme is unit based. In the assessment students have portfolio tasks, tutor reports and action plans.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
This could be a step to a career as an assistant in private day nurseries, education, health authorities, social services, private homes in Britain, as well as overseas as a qualified early years practitioner. *Level 2 Diploma in Childcare & Education, * Level 2 Certificate in Child & Young Peoples Workforce, *Level 2 Progression Health Care and Education, *Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care, *Level 2 Certificate in Supporting individuals with learning difficulties, *Level 2 Certificate in preparing for work in Adult Social Care
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.
Home Educated Young People
Young people aged 14-16 who are home educated can now access college courses free of charge to enhance their education. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunities available please contact the School Liaison Team on 01422 399332.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Full-time
- Start Date: Week beginning 4 September 2017
- Hours per week: 13 hours per week plus placement and additionalities (37 weeks)
- Days: Mon-Fri
- Start Time: 9.00 am
- End Time: 4.00 pm
- Duration: 1 year
- Course Fees: This course is free for students age 16 - 18. For students 19+ please contact our Student Services Team Students who are aged 19 and over and who wish to enrol on a full time course should contact our Student Services Team on 01422-399367 for more information.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Science and Health Industries
- Department Manager: Deborah Tims
- Level: Level 1
- Qualification Name: Foundation Learning Level 1 Diploma in Caring for Children
- Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.