Playwork for Early Years and Childcare Workers Level 3 Transition Award NCFE CACHENVQ
The course focuses on the critical differences between the knowledge and skills that someone who already has a Level 3 qualification in Children’s Care and Education and the additional knowledge and skills required to be effective in a playwork setting. This qualification is achieved by the successful completion of two written assignments. Unit 1 concerns the theory and practice of children and young people’s play. Unit 2 looks at the aspects of playwork in practice.
Teaching will include lectures and case studies.
Level 3 qualification in Children's Care and Education and be employed in a Playwork setting for at least 10 hours per week.
Interview with a specialist tutor.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
The course is assessed by 2 written assignments
Are there any opportunities for progression?
Career opportunities are available in a variety of childcare settings: *Private Nurseries, *Schools, *Out of School Clubs, *Wrap Around Care, *Foundation Degree in Early Years, * Level 3 Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Part-time (evening)
- Start Date: Various start dates throughout the year
- Hours per week: 3.5
- Days: Tuesday evening
- Start Time: 5.30 pm
- End Time: 9.00 pm
- Duration: 20 weeks
- Course Fees: £375 (FCR) Full Cost Recovery. The fee quoted is for guidance only and will be confirmed at enrolment. Full Cost Recovery Courses for students do not attract any funding and therefore the full cost of the fees are payable by the student irrespective of their circumstances.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Science and Health Industries
- Department Manager: Deborah Tims
- Level: Level 3
- Qualification Name: NCFE CACHE Award in Transition to Playwork Level 3
- Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Course Contact: Deborah Tims (9659)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: .
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.