Calderdale College Cricket Centre of Excellence (in addition to a full time course).
The initiative has been set up with Pro Coach Yorkshire, the official coaching provider for Yorkshire County Cricket Club, and will allow students at Calderdale College to receive professional coaching based at the new state-of-the-art sports facility at the College and Copley Cricket Club. Pro Coach Yorkshire will offer support to deliver and drive the Cricket initiative at the College. Students at the College will be able to utilise the extensive network and links in the community to help them progress professionally.
Andrew Gale said: "It's fantastic to see Pro Coach Yorkshire Cricket partnering alongside Calderdale College to provide their students with high quality cricket coaching. Having lived very close to the Calderdale area I know there is a real passion for cricket, coupled with the excellent facilities at the College I'm sure that this project will be a huge success."
- Weekly team training sessions - Squad and team training encourages inclusive sessions to help team moral and spirit.
- Open training sessions/Enrichment - A chance for the students outside of the academy to benefit from professional coaching as well as the students who have been selected. (subject to number of applicants)
- Fielding, batting, bowling and wicket keeping master classes from ex professionals of the game. Who better to learn from than the players who used to play day in, day out? Their hands on experience allows them to relate to the cricketers needs and sometimes demand more respect from players, again contributing to the ultimate learning experience.
- 1 to 1 training- The ultimate for player development. Sessions focused on an individual's needs and areas for improvement show accelerated gains and results.
- Video analysis - A key coaching tool to help every player develop.
- Sports psychology sessions - The mental approach to the game is often overlooked, from nerves to positive visualisation, our coaches can help every student unlock their full potential.
- Match day preparation - Key to success, preparation. From warm ups to mental rehearsal and diet, all aspects will be covered to give your students the best chance to succeed. Failure to prepare is as good as preparing to fail.
- Match day management – The coach will prepare the team for each match as well as observe, provide feedback and therefore design a more fitting and accurate training programme for the academy.
All students must be studying a full time course. All applicants will be invited to a trial.
Questions & Answers
Home Educated Young People
Young people aged 14-16 who are home educated can now access college courses free of charge to enhance their education. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunities available please contact the School Liaison Team on 01422 399332.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Full-time
- Start Date: September 2017
- Hours per week: .
- Days: .
- Start Time: .
- End Time: .
- Duration: .
- Course Fees: NO FEE .
- Venue: Calderdale College and Copley Cricket Club
- Faculty: .
- Department Manager: .
- Level: Level 3
- Qualification Name: .
- Awarding Body: .
- Course Contact: Grant Soames (.)
- Email: email@example.com
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.