Healthcare Clinical Support AssistantQCF - Qualification
This qualification supports learners to develop skills and knowledge required to work in a range of clinical health care support settings or as a medical laboratory assistant.
This qualification will interest you if you're planning to in health care settings, assisting and administering medicine, supporting individuals with day to day activities and the support of mental health and well being.
Teaching will include lectures, practical experience, external speakers and the support to attend placement or working within a real work environment.
For the level 2 course, learners will need GCSEs, at grade D or grade 3 or above, including English Language or a Level 1 Functional Skills English qualification. No formal entry requirements for adults with appropriate life experience. Plus references and DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Interview with a specialist tutor.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
The course is assessed by your tutor/assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstration and assignments.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
Successful candidates can progress onto the Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support and further progression into specialist healthcare qualifications or to related health apprenticeships. Career progression can include Healthcare Assistants, Pharmacy Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants and Dental Assistants.
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.
Home Educated Young People
Young people aged 14-16 who are home educated can now access college courses free of charge to enhance their education. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunities available please contact the School Liaison Team on 01422 399332.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Full-time
- Start Date: September 2018
- Hours per week: 12.5 hours per week
- Days: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in College. Placement hours on Wednesday.
- Start Time: TBC
- End Time: TBC
- Duration: 36 weeks
- Course Fees: This course is free for students age 16 - 18. For students 19+ please contact our Student Services Team In most cases students aged 18 and under who wish to enrol on a full time further education course will have their fees waived. Students who are aged 19 and over and who wish to enrol on a full time course should contact our Student Services Team on 01422-399367 for more information.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Science and Health Industries
- Department Manager: Deborah Tims
- Level: Level 2, Level 3
- Qualification Name: Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
- Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Course Contact: Ann Chambers (9658)
- Email: email@example.com
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.