Dental NursingQCF - Qualification
This qualification focuses on direct chair side work and support during a range of dental treatments. It encompasses the underpinning ethics, professionalism, teamwork and communication to work as a Dental Nurse.
This qualification will interest you if you are planning to work in the field of Dentistry. The course will cover aspects of and help develop knowledge on:
- Health and safety in the dental environment.
- Preparing and maintaining equipment and the dental environment.
- Promoting oral health.
The course will also help develop key skills such as English and Maths and incorporate Learn to Learn and Work Related activities.
You will work in a Dental Practitioners for 1 day a week as part of the course. The college will arrange this placement.
Teaching will include lectures, practical experience, external speakers and the support to attend a placement or working within a real working environment.
5 GCSE grade 4-5 or above including English & Maths & preferably Science; age 19+ Level 2 in English and Level 2 in Maths
Interview with a specialist tutor.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
The course is unit based. In the assessment learners will have portfolio tasks, tutors reports and action plans.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
Successful candidates can progress onto becoming a Dental Nurse or other career pathways such as a Dental Therapist, Dentist, Laboratory Technician and Dental Hygienist.
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.
Home Educated Young People
Young people aged 14-16 who are home educated can now access college courses free of charge to enhance their education. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunities available please contact the School Liaison Team on 01422 399332.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Full-time
- Start Date: 4 September 2017
- Hours per week: 12.5 hours per week
- Days: Tuesday and Wednesdays (Monday will be when you do the work placement in a Dentists)
- Start Time: 9.00 am
- End Time: 4.30 pm
- Duration: 2 Academic Years
- Course Fees: If you are aged 16-18 this course is free, if you are 19+ please contact Learner Services on 01422 399367 for information on fees and fee remission
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Science and Health Industries
- Department Manager: Deborah Tims
- Level: Level 3
- Qualification Name: Diploma in the Principles and Practice of Dental Nursing.
- Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
- Course Contact: Joanna Donaldson (9658)
- Email: email@example.com
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.