DIY and Home Improvement SkillsNon accredited
If you are looking to improve your DIY skills or gain those all important basic home renovation and maintenance skills then this course is for you. The course is designed for anyone who would like to tackle those small tasks around the home. This course is for anyone aged 19 or over. The course includes Joinery, Painting & Decorating, Plumbing & Welding/Engineering.
- 1. Use power tools to install a shelf on hollow and solid walls
- 2. Replacing door handles
- 3. How to realign kitchen unit doors and ease squeaking doors and sticking drawers
Painting and Decorating
- 1. Preparing surfaces to be painted
- 2. How to choose the right paint
- 3. Painting Techniques
- 4. Wallpapering Techniques, cross-lining and hanging drops
- 1. Trowel techniques
- 2. How to build a return wall
- 3. How to build a BBQ
- 1. What to do in case of a burst pipe and how to repair it
- 2. How to install an outside tap
- 3. How to strip a tap and stop annoying drips
- 4. How to remove a radiator safely
- 1. Welding techniques
- 2. How to make functional and decorative items
This is a practical course, you will spend 5 hours (2 evenings) on each trade
Questions & Answers
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Part-time (evening)
- Start Date: tbc
- Hours per week: 2.5 hours per week
- Days: Thursday
- Start Time: 6.00 pm
- End Time: 8.30 pm
- Duration: 10 Weeks
- Course Fees: £225 (FCR) The fee is for guidance only and will be confirmed at enrolment Full Cost Recovery Courses do not attract any funding and therefore the full cost of the fees are payable by the student irrespective of their circumstances.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Construction & Technology
- Department Manager: Andrew Barnes
- Level: Level 1
- Qualification Name: DIY and Home Improvement Skills
- Awarding Body: .
- Course Contact: Admissions (9316)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.