Entry level Multi Trade Construction Skills: Brickwork, Carpentry & Joinery
The ideal introduction to the construction industry covering essential skills in the following construction trades: bricklaying, joinery, plastering and painting & decorating
Suitable for 14-19 and 19 + year olds wanting an introduction to construction trades to gain skills and decide which trade is the right one to pursue a career in.
A mix of practical construction sessions and theory based classroom activities plus maths and English.
Course Leader profile
Steve has worked for Calderdale College since April 2006. During this time he has become course leader for the Multi-Trades and level 1, Carpentry & Joinery. Alongside working for the college, Steve has managed the Ryburn Construction Centre; part of Ryburn Valley High School teaching the BTEC and WJEC qualification to year 10 and 11’s. His background includes working various jobs from press operator, scaffolder to becoming a fully qualified joiner. Steve has also been in the Army and has spent several years working in Norway as a painter and decorator. Steve has his qualifications in PTLLS, CTLLS and Certificate of Education. Steve has a lot of expertise and knowledge to share and is dedicated to helping students learn the skills that will empower them to be successful in their chosen careers.
Basic maths and English
Informal chat with tutor
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
Weekly completion of set tasks; production of portfolio plus end test completed online.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
Progression to L1 or L2 courses in construction depending on skills level after course completion
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.
Home Educated Young People
Young people aged 14-16 who are home educated can now access college courses free of charge to enhance their education. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunities available please contact the School Liaison Team on 01422 399332.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Full-time
- Start Date: September 2018
- Hours per week: 16 hours per week
- Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Start Time: 9.00 am
- End Time: 4.30 pm
- Duration: 37 Weeks(September)
- Course Fees: FREE for Students aged 16-18. For applicants 19+ please contact Student Services on 01422399367 In most cases students aged 18 and under who wish to enrol on a further education course will have their fees waived. Students who are aged 19 and over and who wish to enrol on a course should contact our Student Services Team on 01422-399367 for more information.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Construction & Technology
- Department Manager: Andrew Barnes
- Level: Entry 3
- Qualification Name: Entry level Multi Skills in Construction
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
- Course Contact: Steve Mitchell (9316)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.