The course will incorportate all the fundamental elements of jewellery/silversmithing. It will be diverse and student drivein and be as flexible as possible in teaching approach - we will not tell you what to make but instead you are guided in whatever you choose to do and receive individual tutition at a pace suited to you. Everyone will work on their own projects at their own pace, which has the extra benefit of creating a fabulously diverse range of techniques within one course.
Teaching is practical and supportive with demonstrations and one to one support sessions.
No formal entry qualifications
No interview required. Please complete a short application form to register your interest. Admissions will contact you prior to enrolment.
Questions & Answers
Are there any opportunities for progression?
Candidates may progress on to the next black
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Part-time (evening)
- Start Date: 1 March 2018
- Hours per week: 3 hours per week
- Days: Thursday
- Start Time: 6.00 pm
- End Time: 9.00 pm
- Duration: 11 weeks
- Course Fees: £264. Full Cost Recovery Full Cost Recovery Courses for students aged 19+ do not attract any funding and therefore the full cost of the fees are payable by the student irrespective of their circumstances.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Creative, Digital and Enterprise
- Department Manager: Robin Smith
- Qualification Name: Jewellery
- Awarding Body: Calderdale College
- Course Contact: Mark Burton/Fiona Beard/Cathe McGeady (9330)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: .
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.