L3 Apprenticeship in Professional CookeryApprenticeship
An advanced level qualification developing advanced skills in the preparation and cooking of complex dishes within a kitchen environment.
This level will suit you if you've worked in a professional kitchen for some time, or have a Level 2 qualification. Your work might involve supervising others. You want to develop your skills further, perhaps to become a specialist chef or move into a management role.
Candidates will be assessed in the workplace and supported by an industry competent Training Officer
Applicants will be expected to be in relevant employment with the support of an employer who can offer work that supports NVQ completion; however, those without an employer will be given job seeking assistance by the Training Officer.
All applicants will be interviewed and assessed for suitability by a Training Officer.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
Completion of a portfolio evidence for the NVQ element and completion of assignments and on line testing for the technical certificate.
- Attendance: Part-time (day)
- Start Date: Various start dates throughout the year
- Hours per week: Work based learning
- Days: Assessed in the workplace
- Start Time:
- End Time:
- Duration: 12-18 Months
- Course Fees: No fees payable for learners aged 16-18. For applicants over 18, please contact us for more information
- Venue: Workplace
- Faculty: Work Based Learning
- Department Manager: Kath Bradwell
- Level: Level 3
- Qualification Name: Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
- Course Contact: Emma McCulloch (9106)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.