Prince’s Trust Team Programme
The Prince’s Trust Team Programme is a 12 week personal development project aimed at offering work experience, nationally recognised qualifications, practical skills, rewarding community projects and an exciting residential week.
The Prince’s Trust Team Programme is a full time personal development and team building course. The course is designed to enable young people to develop their personal skills (such as confidence, leadership and problem solving) through a series of projects and challenges, with an emphasis on teamwork within the local community as well as a 4 day outward bound residential experience.
The course provides an opportunity for young people to gain qualifications and experiences to enhance their CV. The course encourages young people to look at their future plans and we aim to assist them in preparing for entering into further education, training or employment. As part of the course you will engage in the following:
- Four Day Residential - You will spend this week away - trying new things and learning how to work with others in activities such as canoeing, climbing, raft building and much more.
- Community Project - As a team, you'll decide on a project to benefit your local community and work together to carry it our. This will give you a great experience of team work and provide you with skills which are highly regarded in job interviews.
- Work Placement - You will have the opportunity to put the skills you have developed into practice in the workplace.
- Team Challenge - You and the team will take on a challenge to help others in the local area. This will give you a chance to develop your new skills further in a practical situation.
Various teaching methods are used including classroom activities
Learners must be aged between 16 and 24, be resident in the UK and either unemployed or employed (sponsored by the employer) for 20 days. Learners do not need any formal qualifications.
You will have a short informal interview with one of the Prince’s Trust Team Leaders.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
The course is assessed by way of portfolio, learners will build up their portfolios by collecting evidence from the various challenges and tasks they undertake.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
Nationally 70% of young people taking part in the Prince’s Trust Team Programme progress into training or employment on completion of the course. Currently as a team we are operating at above the national average.
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you. Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.
Home Educated Young People
Young people aged 14-16 who are home educated can now access college courses free of charge to enhance their education. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunities available please contact the School Liaison Team on 01422 399332.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Full-time
- Start Date: 29 January 2018
- Hours per week: 25 hours
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Start Time: 9.30 am
- End Time: 3.00 pm
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Course Fees: FREE
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Science and Health Industries
- Department Manager: Deborah Tims
- Level: Entry 3, Level 1, Level 2
- Qualification Name: Prince’s Trust Team Programme E3/L1/L2 Certificate in Employment, Teamwork and Community Skills (QCF)
- Awarding Body: Prince’s Trust
- Course Contact: Admin Team (9329)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.