Apprenticeship Level 2 Professional Cookery / Food Production and CookeryApprenticeship
A qualification for people who are either working or want to work in the Catering Industry.
You will be working as a chef in a restaurant kitchen and the qualification will cover:
- All aspects of Food Preparation, Production and Cooking.
- Customer Service
- Food Safety
Candidates will be assessed in the workplace and supported by an industry competent Training Officer
All applicants will be interviewed and assessed for suitability by a Training Officer. Applicants will be expected to be in relevant employment with the support of an employer who can offer work that supports NVQ completion; however those without an employer will be given job seeking assistance by the Training Officer.
Interview with Training Officer
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
Students will be assessed in the workplace
Are there any opportunities for progression?
Successful learners can progress to the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
- Attendance: Part-time (day)
- Start Date: Various start dates throughout the year
- Hours per week: Work Based Learning
- Days: Assessed in the workplace
- Start Time:
- End Time:
- Course Fees: No fees payable for learners aged 16-18. For applicants over 18, please contact us for more information
- Venue: Workplace
- Faculty: Work Based Learning
- Department Manager: Kath Bradwell
- Level: Level 2
- Qualification Name: Professional Cookery / Food Production & Cooking Apprenticeship - Level 2
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
- Course Contact: Emma McCulloch (9106)
- Email: email@example.com
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.