New Student Union Executives Announced17th October 2013
As many of you know, the Student Union Executive Elections took place at the Orange Box in Halifax today. Over 80 Student Union Course Representatives went head-to-head for the chance to represent the College and shape the experience students have whilst at the College.
Due to the healthy competition and after much deliberation, all twelve Student Union Executive voluntary positions were filled and in some cases, the Student Union Executive positions have more than one student sharing the role and responsibilities.
Congratulations to the new elected union! The Student Union of 2013-2014 are as follows:
- Student Union President: Abby Horrocks, Level 2 Professional Cookery student
- Vice President: Owen Meadows, Foundation Diploma in Art & Design student
- Activities Officer: Konnor Kenny, Level 3 Art & Design student
- Welfare Officer: Chris Smith Mullen, Level 3 Animal Care student
- Finance & Enterprise Officer: Tiffany Foulkes, Level 1 Certificate for IT Users & Work Skills
- Education Officer: Katherine Horner, Level 1 Maths & English Functional Skills student
- Black & Asian Officer: Imran Ashraf, Access to HE Social Care student
- Environmental Officer: Tracey Tyers, Level 3 Diploma in Animal Management student
- Entertainments Officer: Jason Silson, Level 2 First Diploma in IT
- Mature Students Officer: Leanne Silson, Level 3 Animal Care student
- LGBT Officer: Aodhan Malloy, Level 3 Hairdressing student and Naomi Capon, Level 3 Performing Arts student
- Publicity & Communications Officer: Vacant - If you would like to become a member of the Student Union please speak to Simon Roberts from the Learner Involvement Team.
- Disability Officer: Vacant - If you would like to become a member of the Student Union please speak to Simon Roberts from the Learner Involvement Team.