- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Staff are highly qualified and experienced, and use their skills well to motivate their learners and apprentices.
- “Learners gain confidence and improve the social interaction and communication skills that will support them well in their future lives.”
- “Teachers ensure that learners make good progress in developing their vocational skills and gain good levels of knowledge and understanding in practical subjects.”
Core21 is a 12-week training programme that has been exclusively designed for students at Calderdale College in partnership with Lloyds Banking Group and a number of other local employers.
This exciting programme has been created for Digital & Enterprise to develop essential skills which will help them thrive in the work place and prosper in life, including:
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Team building
- Communication skills
They will also gain knowledge in personal branding, resilience and what it means to be customer centric; and will be given an opportunity for weekly reflection.
The training will form part of students’ curriculum and, on successful completion, students will achieve a City & Guilds Employability Skills qualification.
This programme aims to give students the best start to their careers and will ensure that they are ready for the world of work and competitive when choosing their routes into employment, Apprenticeships or Higher Education.
The training involves:
- Taking part in a number of workshops including resilience training and personal branding
- Work experience at Lloyds Banking Group, which will involve stock broking, digital aspects and branded bank account divisions
- Team building at Another World Adventure Centre
- Talks from key people at Lloyds e.g. marketing professionals,
- Mentoring from existing or previous apprentices at Lloyds
- Mock assessment at College
- Interview, assessment and presentation experience
- Graduation ceremony & City and Guilds qualification in Employability Skills.