- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Staff are highly qualified and experienced, and use their skills well to motivate their learners and apprentices.
- “Learners gain confidence and improve the social interaction and communication skills that will support them well in their future lives.”
- “Teachers ensure that learners make good progress in developing their vocational skills and gain good levels of knowledge and understanding in practical subjects.”
Project Challenge is an award winning independent charity delivering bespoke training programmes to young people, aged 16-19 (25 with a disability).
Project Challenge was formed in 1991 in order to help and give second chances to disadvantaged young people. It became a registered charity in 1997.
Since then the charity has grown from strength to strength, growing from 1 programme to 3 and retaining the ability to deliver great work to young people.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
Class sizes are no bigger than 13 as the ethos is about quality and not quantity. All programmes are ‘hands on’ with continual assessment apart from Functional Skills maths and English.
All Tutors are Youth Workers first with a firm belief in young people.
- Sport & Active Leisure
- Public Services and Hospitality
- Enrichment comes in the format of gym sessions, hill days, trips out and employer visits
- Maths and English are integral to all programmes as is a good quality work experience.
Our aim is to help you become employable!
Throughout the years, with the help of funding and dedicated staff, we have helped many young people achieve their goals and improve their lifestyles. We firmly believe in “not letting peoples’ pasts get in the way of their futures.”