- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Staff are highly qualified and experienced, and use their skills well to motivate their learners and apprentices.
- “Learners gain confidence and improve the social interaction and communication skills that will support them well in their future lives.”
- “Teachers ensure that learners make good progress in developing their vocational skills and gain good levels of knowledge and understanding in practical subjects.”
Please seek advice from the Advice & Guidance team in Learner Services or call us on 01422 399367 or e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Impartial Student Advisors to give information about College courses and provide initial guidance to help you find your perfect course!
- Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel.
- Careers advice to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
- Someone to talk to, trained counsellors provide a confidential, supportive counselling service.
- A member of the team to take on the role of advocate if you find yourself in a situation where you would like somebody to speak on your behalf (for example, in a disciplinary)
- Support in any instance relating to bullying, harassment and hate crime.
Advice & Guidance is situated in the Student One Centre, A floor of the Percival Whitley Building.
Money and You:
You will not pay tuition and examination fees if you are between the ages of 16-18 (under 19 on 31st August of the year of entry).
However it is important to investigate the full cost of coming to College and make sure that you budget properly for your time here.
There are a number of support schemes available to help you manage the costs involved in becoming a full-time student.
- 16-19 Guaranteed Bursary
- 16-19 Guaranteed Learner Support Fund
- 19+ Enhanced Learner Support Fund
- Care to Learn
- Percival Whitley Educational Trust
- Advanced Learner Loans
- Calderdale College Educational Fund
- HE Hardship Funds