- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Apprentices are making substantial and sustained progress from their starting points.
- “Apprentices develop valuable personal and employment skills that help them in their existing jobs, and will help them in their future careers.”
Why Choose Calderdale College Apprenticeships?
Our Business Development team focus on understanding your businesses individual training and development needs.
Every year we support 100s of school/college leavers into the workforce by matching them with apprenticeship vacancies.
Every year we support 100s of employers fill their vacancies by developing and embedding the apprenticeship programme, screening and matching suitable candidates minimising the time you spend on the recruitment process.
Our team of 30 fully qualified and experienced Training Officers will deliver training in the workplace, reducing the time apprentices need to spend away from their everyday job.
We offer training solutions to all staff, whether new in post or existing staff who want to upskill current levels.
If you are an Apprenticeship Levy payer, the Government will apply a 10% top-up to the funds you have for spending on apprenticeship training.
If you do not pay the Apprenticeship Levy, the Government will fund 90% towards the cost of anyone working towards an Apprenticeship qualification
If your organisation is eligible then you could receive 100% funding contribution from the Government
If you recruit anyone between the age of 16-18 onto an Apprenticeship programme you will receive an incentive of £1,000 to help with their development.
- Conduct a Training Needs Analysis across your business to establish their skills requirements
- Review internal training budget to map existing training into the Apprenticeship frameworks
- Map existing job roles to apprenticeship frameworks
- Identify new apprenticeship opportunities within the business
- Source and provide funding to eligible businesses
- Market and advertise current and new apprenticeship vacancies, to drive recruitment
- Interviewing Applicants, confirming eligibility and managing the Administration Process
- On-going review of Apprenticeship Delivery, managing Assessors, Trainers
WHY TRAIN YOUR STAFF?
- Clear return on investment
- Greater productivity
- Lower recruitment costs
- Lower training and retention costs
- Increase employee satisfaction
- Greater loyalty and quality of work
Shining Stars Day Nursery
Based in Illingworth, Shining Stars Day Nursery is a great business which currently employs five Apprentices who add real value.
Paul Wanklyn, Director, decided to recruit his first Apprentice in September 2014 based on a desire to work within the community, taking local school leavers and to recruit locally. He explained: “We wanted to develop our own staff that had learnt childcare and development practice through college and on the job experience as well as learning the Shining Stars method of delivering the childcare experience to local families.”
The Apprentices split their time between college and work. Victoria Wilson, Nursery Manager, said: “Staff attend college one day a week and attend work the remaining four days so it gives a good balance between on the job studies and on the job development. There is the Apprenticeship Grant Scheme which helps to support the training.”
Paul is an advocate of Apprenticeships for businesses and said: “I definitely recommend Apprenticeships as it gives you an ideal opportunity to get someone in at grassroots level. It allows you to condition that person specifically for the role you want doing. I would also recommend Calderdale College as an Apprenticeship provider as we have developed a very open and trusting relationship with them. The staff have good subject knowledge and our candidates have been supported well both in their studies and their personal development.”