Children’s and Young People’s Development in Health and Social Care Settings
This virtual learning course allows you to learn at your own pace, using your own computer, completing the course online at your own convenience. You do not need to attend any classes, and you can print your own qualification off after you have successfully completed the course.
Entry Requirements: There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This module aims to increase awareness of the main issues around children’s and young people’s development. It provides learners with an increased understanding of the expected pattern of development and details the factors that can influence development.
On completion, learners will understand how to monitor development as well as the interventions that should be taken if development is not following the expected pattern.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years of age
- Understand the factors that influence children’s and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Understand how to monitor children’s and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
- Understand the importance of early intervention to support the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people
- Understand the potential effects of transitions on children’s and young people’s development T
The content of this course has been mapped to the underpinning knowledge within the following unit on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Stages of Development
- Influencing Factors and Theories of Development
- Monitoring and Interventions
- Speech, Language and Communication
This unit is a mandatory unit within the following qualifications: Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
For more information about this or any of our courses mapped to the QCF please contact us on the details provided below.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.