Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice (CIPD)
This is an ideal course for new and aspiring HR professionals who are currently within an HR role or who are seeking to join the HR professional field.
The Level 3 CIPD Foundation certificate in HR practice provides an introduction to the HR profession and the key aspects of HR practice. The course includes the following units:
- Understanding organisations and the role of HR (an overview of the nature of different types of organisation, and how HR might operate within these different contexts)
- Developing yourself as an effective HR practitioner (an exploration of the skills, knowledge and behaviours of an HR practitioner; and a practical look at how to manage your own personal development)
- Recording, using and analysing HR information (an overview of the range of HR data, how it may be used, and the basics of data protection legislation; a practical exploration of how to analyse HR data)
- Resourcing Talent (a strategic overview of talent planning, and practical exploration of the skills and knowledge associated with recruitment and selection
- Supporting good practice in employment relations (inc: an overview of how employment law is formed; the basics of contract law; employment rights and discrimination; redundancy and dismissal; an overview of managing employment relations)
- Supporting good practice in performance and reward (an overview of reward, and its link to performance management; the performance management process)
This qualification is essential for anyone who is just embarking on the first stage of their HR career, or is in an administrative or line management role, which includes some basic HR activity associated with recruiting and managing people. The course provides all the basic knowledge required, as well as providing a great opportunity to discuss your challenges and experiences as a new HR practitioner with a group of peers, from a range of organisational contexts. It takes quite a practical approach, and is assessed through a mix of written and skills-based assignments.
The delivery of the qualification includes the use of guided study through online media, class room delivery, workshops, observation, group and case study work, with an expectation of weekly private study.
Links to local HR network events, the CIPD student conference, visiting speakers and a visit to an employment tribunal are additional aspects of this course.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
There are no specific qualification entry requirements for this course.
If you are currently working as an HR Assistant, Officer or Business Partner or you are wanting to change your career to work in HR then this is the time to apply.