Health & Social Care HNC/HND
The Higher National Certificate and Diploma in Health & Social Care at Level 4 & 5 will equip learners with the knowledge, understanding, training and skills that are essential for finding employment in today’s highly competitive job market.
Entry Requirements: BTEC Level 3 qualifications in a relevant subject however applicants with other qualifications are encouraged to apply
There are optional pathways within the course which include: Applied Social Studies, Care Practice, Health and Management.
This course is for those students who want to progress to higher education but would like to gain an intermediate qualification that would eventually lead them to a degree or employment.
It is especially suitable for those who are currently employed in the relevant field of work and would now like qualifications that would develop their career further.
This qualification will:
- Provide education and training for a range of careers in the health and social care sector.
- Provide opportunities for you to gain a nationally recognised vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in the health and social care sector or to progress to higher education vocational qualifications, such as a degree, in a related area.
- Develop the knowledge, understanding and skills of learners in the health and social care sector.
- Provide opportunities for you to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The modules that you will study include:
Year 1 HNC
- Communication in Health & Social Care Organisations
- Principles of Health & Social Care Practice
- Health & Safety in the Health & Social Care Workplace
- Social Policy
- Working in Partnership in Health & Social Care
Year 2 HND
- Research Project
- Empowering Users of Health & Social Care Services
- Understanding Specific Needs in Health & Social Care
- Contemporary Issues in Health & Social Care
- Supporting Independent Living
- Supporting Significant Life Events
- Work based Experience
- Health promotion
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
BTEC Level 3 qualifications in a relevant subject however applicants with other qualifications are encouraged to apply as experience and prior learning will be taken into account.
Offers will be made to students on the basis of both their academic qualifications and interview.