Infrastructure Technician – Advanced Apprenticeship
This Level 3 Apprenticeship will set you up for providing support and solving problems for organisations and customers.
Entry Requirements: No formal qualification required
An Infrastructure Technician provides support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non routine problems. The Infrastructure Technician sets people up on systems and provides support when they need it, rectifying issues to maintain the organisations productivity.
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating Systems
- Managing and Maintaining Windows 8
- Cloud Services
- Enabling Office 365 Services
- Coding and Logic
- App Development
- Business Processes
Apprentices will learn:
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include five GCSEs, (especially English, Mathematics and a Science or Technology subject); a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship; other relevant qualifications and experience; or an aptitude test with a focus on IT skills.