Insurance Professional – Higher Apprenticeship
Insurance is an incredibly diverse marketplace with a rich history of helping people and businesses assess and manage the risks they face. Over a million people in the UK work in this exciting industry which provides products and advice on everything from sports cars to hurricanes. Insurance touches the lives of everyone and allows us to operate secure in the knowledge that should the worst happen we will have the support we need.
Entry Requirements: No formal qualification required
This Level 4 Insurance Professional Apprenticeship provides a development pathway that will allow apprentices to specialise in a particular area of the industry with supporting and appropriate, professional qualifications. The standard is, therefore, of broad application across the insurance sector. It supports the consolidation of technical, industry and business knowledge and the development of the skills needed to apply this to a range of complex and/or unfamiliar situations.
Different areas of insurance that you could be involved in include:
- Broking: providing technical support in administering the insurance arrangements of new or existing clients, negotiating and arranging cover to meet their needs
- Client Management: managing the business relationship for a portfolio of clients, determining and evaluating their insurance requirements and identifying opportunities for revenue growth
- Claims: working for an insurer assessing, investigating and settling insurance claims or for an insurance broker providing support and advice to clients who need to make a claim
- Operations: working in one of a number of business support areas, such as analysing and evaluating data or ensuring compliance with regulatory and business procedures
- Risk Management: providing guidance to clients on how to identify and manage risk within their business
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to completion of this apprenticeship.