Painting & Decorating – Level 3
This is a practical and theory based course perfect for anyone wanting a career in this industry
Entry Requirements: Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
The Painting and Decorating City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma will need you to complete specific units and topics. You will work towards the following units to make up the full qualification:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Principles of Organising, Planning and Pricing Construction Work
- Erecting and Dismantling Access Equipment and Working Platforms
- Applying Hangings to Walls and Ceilings
- Producing Specialist Finishes for Painted Decorative Work
- Producing Specialist Architectural Finishes for Decorative Work
- Applying Water-Borne Paint Systems Using Airless Equipment
- Applying Water-Borne Paint Systems Using High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) Spray Equipment
Each unit will include an externally set assessment to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the unit.
If you have a Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English, you will be in workshops and classes studying at a higher level to enhance your Maths and English skills. If you have a GCSE Grade D then you will study GCSE Maths and English with an expectation to achieve a Grade C or above.
If you have a lower grade, or no GCSE, you will study the most appropriate level of Functional Skills qualification.
On the 19+ programme you will work through a number of trade specific Painting and Decorating units only. Maths and English are not an integral part of your course.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
All applicants will be required to have successfully completed a Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating, or prove competence to the standards required for the Level 3 Qualifications through interview.
After applying, you will be invited to attend an open evening and tour our facilities and have all of your questions answered by one of our experts. In summer 2018, to help you prepare for your course starting, you’ll be invited into our Hello College event – a fun practical day where you can try every element of the course and we can make sure you enrol on the right course and level to be a success.