ESOL, Functional Skills & GCSEs
Our English as a second language courses have been designed to improve these crucial skills, and give you extra tuition and coaching in areas you need it most. You can also gain GCSE qualifications in English, Maths and Biology. There’s a course to suit your level, however basic your skills might be right now.
Are these courses for you?
It might be, if you tick any of the following boxes:
- You want to learn how to speak, read and write in English
- You want to understand the English language
- You didn’t get a C in GCSE English or Maths at school, and want to improve your grade at College
- You want to make yourself more employable and build a solid foundation for a meaningful career
- You want to learn new skills and make new friends and contacts.
Why study ESOL, Functional Skills & GCSEs at Calderdale College
- We are passionate about getting you into employment by giving you the language skills to either study further, secure an apprenticeship or find a job
- These are the most important qualifications to achieve your goal
- Employers will look for basic English and Maths skills
- Gain life skills and make friends for life!
- We will help you decide your next steps and make sure you have everything you need to succeed
If English is not your first language and you would like to speak to someone in Learner Services. There are staff members available who speak the following languages: Urdu, Punjabi and Polish.
|ESOL Skills for Life||Part-Time|
|ESOL Study Programme||Full-Time|
|Adult Functional Maths||Part-Time|