Business Scale Up Development Programme
The Business Scale Up Development Programme will deliver a programme of activities to support Micro, Small and/or Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) and their employees. Business Scale Up will develop the capacity of businesses to realise their growth ambitions by providing business support and coaching to increase leadership and management skills in a motivated and expanding workforce.
The support will:
- deliver leadership and management skills packages and capacity building coaching programmes to support Scale-Up Businesses as identified by the LEP/Growth Hub
- develop leadership and management skills of middle managers and their capability to design and embed critical strategies, processes and systems at organisational level relating to the management and development of human resources
- strengthen the capacity of the Scale-Up Businesses to recruit, develop, retain and expand staffing, including at graduate level, to support them to realise their short to medium term Scale-Up ambitions through an appropriately skilled, motivated and expanding workforce.
This Programme is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is the Managing Authority for the European Social Fund.
In order to be eligible for support through this Programme the business must:
- have a business premises in the York, North Yorkshire, East Riding region (Craven, Harrogate, Hambleton, Richmondshire, Ryedale, Scarborough, Selby, York)
- be a Small to Medium Enterprise (SME): employ fewer than 250 full time equivalent staff and have either a turnover of less than €50 million, or a balance sheet of less than €43 million
To access this support, or for more information you can email: ScaleUp@Calderdale.ac.uk, or call our Business Engagement Advisor, Adrian O’Neill on 07974 604848.