- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Staff are highly qualified and experienced, and use their skills well to motivate their learners and apprentices.
- “Learners gain confidence and improve the social interaction and communication skills that will support them well in their future lives.”
- “Teachers ensure that learners make good progress in developing their vocational skills and gain good levels of knowledge and understanding in practical subjects.”
Calderdale College is committed to the development and growth of sport in the area that we serve. As part of our commitment we are the proud ‘Official Education Partners’ for a number of local football and rugby league clubs.
Clubs We Work With
What this means for Copley Cricket Club:
- Use of cricket net facilities in the Inspire Centre on the College’s Francis Street site
- Discounted membership to the College gym for the club’s members
- Commitment from Calderdale College to assist Copley Cricket Club in its aim to increase participation in sport and, in particular, female participation through South Halifax Girls; and other promotional support.
What this means for Calderdale College:
- Senior team shirt sponsorship
- Advertising board at Copley Cricket Club
- Support with work experience and development projects for College students
- Use of ground for College Cricket matches
- Other promotional support
Peter Nangle, Vice-Principal of College said, “I’m delighted that we are making this announcement today. It is going to deliver fantastic opportunities for both Calderdale College and Copley Cricket Club. Becoming the Further Education Partner to Copley CC provides a strong platform for development for the College’s learners and opportunities for Copley members to use the College’s new state of the art sports facilities.”
Richard Hoyle, Chairman of Copley Cricket Club said: “I am very pleased that Copley Cricket Club are forming an exciting new partnership with Calderdale College and feel sure that it will be of great benefit to both parties and the continued development of young people from both organisations.”
Copley Cricket Club is a Yorkshire Cricket Board (“YCB”) Focus Club – one of only 30 in West Yorkshire and 3 in the Halifax League – and has been awarded Sport England’s Club Mark accreditation. This means that we have met all the necessary criteria as to; playing programme, coaching, child protection, sports equity, ethics, club management and that we continue to provide a high quality and welcoming environment for young people in sport.
In addition to our three senior sides (two play on Saturday and one plays on Sunday in the Halifax Cricket League) we are particularly proud of our thriving junior section. We are a member of the Halifax Junior Cricket League and run teams in the U9s, U11s, U13s, U14s U15s and U17s age categories. We now have more qualified ECB coaches working with these youngsters than ever before (currently around 20 level 1 and level 2, including 2 female coaches).
The Club enjoys an excellent site for playing and watching cricket in an extremely picturesque setting. There are good quality seats surrounding the playing surface which makes the ground ideal for the staging of “cricket festivals” and “major games”. For many years, Copley has been one of a limited number of Halifax League clubs to be able to stage major cup finals and have hosted the Halifax League’s Parish Cup Final on a number of occasions.
Calderdale College are the official education partners of Halifax RLFC. The unique and original nature of the deal means that although no money will be exchanged, the relationship will bring significant benefits to both parties.
The arrangement will enable the Club to have a training base in Calderdale for the first time in a number of years, as they will make use of the new sports facilities currently being built at the College’s Francis Street site. The facilities include: an all-weather sports pitch, full size sports hall and gym.
In addition, Club members will have access to: pre, during and post season fitness testing, including cardiovascular and respiratory testing, flexibility, strength and endurance testing; lifestyle analysis and nutritional and well-being advice. All such testing and advice will be administered by College Sports students.
Students in the College’s Rugby Academy will benefit from access to master coaching sessions, as well as having the opportunity to progress to the Halifax Under 23s team. Work experience opportunities for College students will also be available.
In addition, both parties will work together to increase female participation in the sport via the launch of a Female Rugby Academy at the College.
CALDERDALE RUGBY LEAGUE SERVICES
Calderdale Rugby League Service Area is an organisation that comes under the Rugby Football League banner. It supports and assists all aspects of Rugby League in clubs, schools and other outlets in Calderdale that participate in Rugby League. We work alongside the Calderdale Community Coaching Trust, which is the delivery arm of Halifax RLFC.
59/60 St Stephens Street
Contact: Chris Mitchell, Calderdale Rugby League Service Area Co-ordinator
Telephone: 07947 827 627
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org