- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Staff are highly qualified and experienced, and use their skills well to motivate their learners and apprentices.
- “Learners gain confidence and improve the social interaction and communication skills that will support them well in their future lives.”
- “Teachers ensure that learners make good progress in developing their vocational skills and gain good levels of knowledge and understanding in practical subjects.”
At Calderdale our main priority is helping our students to succeed no matter their personal limits.
OUR RANGE OF SERVICES
- Learning Link Tutors work in class, or 1:1, to assist with literacy and numeracy skills required for your course
- Access Workers assist with all aspects of personal care
- Dyslexia Tutors offer specialist tuition and a range of diagnostic assessments
- Communicators providing British Sign Language support to learners with a hearing impairment
- We also offer a Braille service for learners with a visual impairment. A range of equipment is also available for use by learners including Digital Dictaphones, Voice activated computer software and Ergonomic keyboards
To view DfE Changes to SEN & Disability Support Easy Guide please click here.
Note takers and scribes are also available in class and, where appropriate, exams.
If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the Study Support Team on 01422 357 357 Ext 9347
BRADFORD POST 16 TRANSPORT POLICY CONSULTATION
Bradford Council has a duty to consult with affected stakeholders on its proposed Post 16 Transport Policy Statement for 2020 / 2021. It is therefore consulting with young people aged 16 -18 and their parents/carers and young people aged 19 – 24 with learning difficulties and/or disabilities and their parents/carers.