Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post-16) courses and work-based learning (Apprenticeships) and the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale, a Metropolitan Borough in West Yorkshire.
Calderdale College engages with over 5,000 learners from sites across Calderdale. Our main campus is at Francis Street, Halifax but we also deliver building, construction skills at North Halifax Skills Centre and motor vehicle and engineering at our Motivate Centre. At Ryburn High School we have a Construction Academy, and in Brighouse we have the Mark Riley Hair Academy and Bailiff Bridge Construction Academy. In addition we also teach construction courses in Huddersfield. Recent highlights and successes include:
- Ofsted Report on Calderdale College March 2011 “Good with outstanding features”.
- In 2012 the College was awarded the Warwick Centre for Education and Industry, Excellence in Enterprise Education (CEI) accolade.
- The New £8million Inspire Centre opened in September 2011
- In 2013 the Technology Centre was opened at a cost of £6m.
- Cuisine 1893, a state of the art professional cookery kitchen opened in January 2014
- Helen Sutcliffe won North of England Pearson’s 2013 FE Teacher of the Year and went through to the grand final in London
- Motivate, a centre for engineering and motor vehicle work opened in February 2014
- Calderdale Training, the College's services to business arm, works with over 750 companies across the region.
- In 2013 over 200 of our students progressed onto higher education.
- Education partner with Halifax RLFC.
- Calderdale College is the ESF fund holder for the £40m Skills Enhancement Fund and £38m Workplace Learning programme across the north of England
- In 2013 the College was awarded the Calderdale & Kirklees Quality Standard in Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance for providing excellent careers support to its learners.
- In September 2011 the College was nominated for an Outstanding Entrepreneurship in Learning and Skills TES Award.
- Calderdale College is one of only three colleges in the Yorkshire and Humber region to win an Enterprising FE (Efe) Outstanding Enterprise Case Study award.
- Calderdale College's 2013 entry prospectus won the 'Best UK FE Prospectus at the Heist Awards
- Calderdale College has been awarded the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) Order of Distinction in the prestigious RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards 2011.
- In 2011 the College was awarded Investors in Diversity.
- Calderdale College has been awarded the prestigious Training Quality Standard (TQS).