Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post-16) courses and work-based learning (Apprenticeships) and the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale, a Metropolitan Borough in West Yorkshire.
Calderdale College engages with over 5,000 learners from sites across Calderdale. Our main campus is at Francis Street, Halifax but we also deliver building, construction skills, hairdressing and beauty at our North Halifax Skills Centre. In Todmorden we teach Art and Design to Degree level. At Ryburn High School we have a Construction Academy, and in Brighouse we have the Mark Riley Hair Academy and Bailiff Bridge Construction Academy. In addition we also teach construction courses at Build Centres throughout Kirklees. Recent highlights and successes include:
- Ofsted Report on Calderdale College March 2011 “Good with outstanding features”.
- In 2012 the College was awarded the Warwick Centre for Education and Industry, Excellence in Enterprise Education (CEI) accolade.
- The New £8million Inspire Centre opened in September 2011
- Calderdale Training, the College's services to business arm, works with over 750 companies across the region.
- In 2010 over 160 of our students progressed onto higher education.
- Education partner with Halifax RLFC.
- Calderdale College is fund holder for the £68m Enhancement Fund for skills and workforce development across Yorkshire and Humber.
- In 2010 the College was awarded the Calderdale & Kirklees Quality Standard in Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance for providing excellent careers support to its learners.
- In September 2011 the College was nominated for an Outstanding Entrepreneurship in Learning and Skills TES Award.
- Calderdale College is one of only three colleges in the Yorkshire and Humber region to win an Enterprising FE (Efe) Outstanding Enterprise Case Study award.
- Calderdale College has been awarded the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) Order of Distinction in the prestigious RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards 2011.
- In 2011 the College was awarded Investors in Diversity.
- Calderdale College has been awarded the prestigious Training Quality Standard (TQS).