Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post-16) courses and work-based learning (Apprenticeships) and the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale, a Metropolitan Borough in West Yorkshire.
Calderdale College engages around 4,500 learners from sites across Calderdale. Our main campus is at Francis Street, Halifax but we also deliver building, construction skills at North Halifax Skills Centre, motor vehicle and engineering at our Motivate Centre and hairdressing at Mark Riley Hair Academy in Brighouse. Recent highlights and successes include:
• Ofsted Report April 2014: 'Good with outstanding features'. Outstanding success rates for most 16-19 students, Outstanding outcomes for apprentices, Skills for employment – Teaching provides students with the skills needed for employment and Highly responsive to employers.
• In 2012 the College was awarded the Warwick Centre for Education and Industry, Excellence in Enterprise Education (CEI) accolade.
• Motivate, a centre for engineering and motor vehicle work opened in February 2014 and a new brickwork workshop opened autumn 2013.
• The £8million Inspire Centre opened in September 2011.
• In 2013 the Technology Centre was opened at a cost of £6m.
• Cuisine 1893, a state of the art professional cookery kitchen opened in January 2014
• Calderdale College Apprenticeships, the College's services to business arm, works with over 750 companies across the region.
• We have three educational sport partners; Halifax RLFC, FC Halifax Town and Pro-Coach Yorkshire Cricket (the training arm of Yorkshire CCC).
• Calderdale College have over 13 years’ experience of identifying, securing and managing funding to support individuals, businesses and communities across the North of England. We have secured over £100 million worth of funding, achieved a less than 1% error rating on all compliance visits and audits and worked with over 250 delivery partners to provide high quality training and support. Through our projects we have supported over 30,000 employers and engaged with over 90,000 employed individuals.
• In 2013 the College was awarded the Calderdale & Kirklees Quality Standard in careers, education, information, advice and guidance for providing excellent careers support to students.
• In September 2011 the College was nominated for an Outstanding Entrepreneurship in Learning and Skills TES Award.
• Calderdale College is one of only three colleges in the Yorkshire and Humber region to win an Enterprising FE (Efe) Outstanding Enterprise Case Study award.
• Calderdale College's 2013 entry prospectus won the 'Best UK FE Prospectus at the Heist Awards.
• Calderdale College has been awarded the prestigious Training Quality Standard (TQS).
• Calderdale College has been awarded the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) Order of Distinction in the prestigious RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards 2011.
• In 2011 the College was awarded Investors in Diversity.