Childcare & Early Years
Careers centred around early childhood development can be particularly rewarding, and our professionally-recognised courses give you the skills, knowledge and experience to make a real difference in this industry.
Employment opportunities in childcare have never been better, from working in nurseries to becoming a social worker. Start your journey with us.
Are these courses for you?
To secure your place on one of our Childcare & Early Years courses, you’ll need:
- to love working with children
- a caring nature which can adapt to supporting young people, and also those with special needs
- an interest in working in a nursery, primary school, children’s centre or social care environment
Why study Childcare & Early Years at Calderdale College
- Our industry-experienced tutors make learning fun as well as fascinating.
- You’ll enjoy excellent College facilities, such as our demo nursery room, to ensure your learning is varied and not confined to a classroom.
- We make sure you gain relevant work experience during your time at College, to boost your CV and improve your chances of employment after.
- This is a professional qualification that future employers will favour.
|Early Years Foundation Degree (Part-Time)||Part-Time|
|Early Years BA (Hons) Top-Up (Part-Time)||Part-Time|
|Early Years BA (Hons) Top-Up||Full-Time|
|Early Years Foundation Degree||Full-Time|
|Level 3 Award in English for Literacy & Language Teaching||Part-Time|