- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Staff are highly qualified and experienced, and use their skills well to motivate their learners and apprentices.
- “Learners gain confidence and improve the social interaction and communication skills that will support them well in their future lives.”
- The college is very effective in identifying and meeting the skills needs of local employers.
Industry placements provide work based learning opportunities for both the student and employer.
Industry Placements require the employer to provide 45-60 day placement (equivalent to a minimum of 315 hours) as part of the student’s college course; in preparation for the introduction of Technical Levels in 2020. Our Industry Placements team are working with local employers and organisations from all sectors to develop students technical and employability skills - getting them ready for the world of work.
There are a number of associated benefits for employers who are integrating industry placements into their corporate strategy which include:
Why should my business get involved?
- To encourage your employees to coach and mentor
- To welcome the introduction of youthful thinking and ideas
- To help address the current and future skills needs in your sector
- To strengthen your recruitment pipeline
- To raise the ambitiouns of young people in your area
What does my business need to do?
- Provide a work placements (a minimum of 315 hours over the duration of the course) for a student undertaking a qualification that is directly relevant to a role within your organisation
- Identify a mentor/team leader who would be responsible for the student and their work placement
- Provide opportunities for the student to develop their skills within a safe working environment
- Comply with all the Health & Safety requirements and guidelines
For more information, please get in touch at email@example.com or call us on 01422 418 430.
Over 3000 companies across the Leeds City Region have benefited from working with us.