The role of the Corporation is in agreeing the strategic direction of the College, setting objectives and monitoring results, and supporting the College to provide a high-quality and effective learning experience for everyone who attends the College.
The Articles of Government list the seven responsibilities of the Governing Body as;
- the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and oversight of its activities;
- the requirement to take account of staff and student views when reviewing the mission and purpose of the institution
- approving the quality strategy of the institution
- the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and safeguarding their assets;
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure;
- the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Clerk
- setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
Governor profiles can be accessed here.
The Board & its Committees
The Governing Body is made up of 15 people from different sectors of the local community (external governors), staff members and students. The Corporation Board meet four times a year with an additional three Governor Development days.
There are four Committees; Curriculum, Quality and Standards, Finance and Resources, Audit and Search and Governance. All Committees meet four times a year with the exception of Search and Governance which meets as and when required but at least once per year.
Policies & Procedures
Whistleblowing Policy October 2020
Governance Calendar & Committee Membership 2020-21
Calendar of Meetings
Committee Terms of Reference
Curriculum Quality & Standards Committee Terms of Reference 2020-21
Audit Committee Terms of Reference 2020-21
Finance & Resources Committee Terms of Reference 2020-21
Search & Governance Committee Terms of Reference 2020-21
Approved Minutes Archive
Curriculum, Quality & Standards Committee
1 October 2020
Finance & Resources Committee
How to contact the clerk to the corporation
The Independent Clerk to the Corporation is Jane Taylor-Holmes, who can be contacted in the following ways:
01422 399 303
You can also contact the Chair of the Corporation at the address above. If you would like a paper copy of any of the documents on this page, please contact the Clerk to the Corporation.
Did you know?
90% of students go on to employment or further study
OFSTED Good and Outstanding
We were rated Good for our Further Education offer and Outstanding for Apprenticeships!
Here’s what they said
“Teachers ensure that learners make good progress in developing their vocational skills and gain good levels of knowledge and understanding in practical subjects.”