9 out of 10 students went on
to further study or employment
Please seek advice from the Advice and Guidance team in Learner Services or call us on 01422 399367 or e-mail us on email@example.com
If English is not your first language, and you would like to speak to someone in Learner Services, there are staff members available who speak the following languages: Urdu, Punjabi and Polish.
What do the Advice & Guidance team provide?
- Impartial Student Advisors to give information about College courses and to provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you
- Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel
- Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment
- Someone to talk to, trained counsellors provide a confidential, supportive counselling service, with referral to outside agencies where appropriate
- A member of the team to take on the role of advocate if you find yourself in a situation where you would like somebody to speak on your behalf (for example, in a disciplinary)
- Support in any instance relating to bullying, harassment and race hate
- Advice and Guidance is situated in the Student One Centre, A floor of the Percival Whitley Building.
Frequently Asked Questions
Financial support is provided based on your individual circumstances such as how much income is coming into your household and how far you travel to come to college. Please see our Finance & Funding page.
Once your application has been assessed you will receive a written response within 14 days from your application being received and the correct evidence provided. Your payments schedule will be listed on this letter but generally the payments are made on a monthly basis and on the last working day of the month thereafter.
Speak to a Student Adviser in Learner Services as we can give you impartial advise on transfers alternative courses, apprenticeships or employment opportunities suitable to your chosen careers.
Speak to a Student Adviser in confidence and we can help support you by discussing the issue and how it’s affecting you to help you get back on track.
These are the dates which you can attend for our main enrolment. Just bring any documentation along with you that has been requested by our Admissions department, or call them on 01422 399316 to discuss this further.
Did you know?
90% of students go on to employment or further study
OFSTED Good and Outstanding
We were rated Good for our Further Education offer and Outstanding for Apprenticeships!
Here’s what they said
“Teachers ensure that learners make good progress in developing their vocational skills and gain good levels of knowledge and understanding in practical subjects.”