- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Staff are highly qualified and experienced, and use their skills well to motivate their learners and apprentices.
- “Learners gain confidence and improve the social interaction and communication skills that will support them well in their future lives.”
- “Teachers ensure that learners make good progress in developing their vocational skills and gain good levels of knowledge and understanding in practical subjects.”
Advice & Guidance
Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post-16) courses and work-based learning (Apprenticeships) and the sole providerof higher education courses in Calderdale (we work with a range of Universities).
THE ADVICE & GUIDANCE TEAM PROVIDE:
- Impartial Student Advisors to give information about College courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you
- Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel.
- Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment
- Someone to talk to, trained counsellors provide a confidential, supportive counselling service, with referral to outside agencies where appropriate
- A member of the team to take on the role of advocate if you find yourself in a situation where you would like somebody to speak on your behalf (for example, in a disciplinary)
- Support in any instance relating to bullying, harassment and race hate
- Advice and Guidance is situated in the Student One Centre, A floor of the Percival Whitley Building.
Please select the following links for further information:
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday – 10am til 3.30pm
Thursday – 10am til 7pm
Friday – 10am til 3.30pm