Art, Design & Media
To succeed in this diverse industry, you need a wide range of creative and practical skills. We’ll give you them in abundance, through stimulating and motivating learning experiences that build your employability skills alongside achieving your qualification.
Are these courses for you?
Our Art & Design courses are perfect for the creatively minded, and for anyone who loves film, photography, design, fashion or textiles. You don’t need prior experience, but do need:
- an interest in pursuing an area of Art, Design or Media as a profession (think fashion designer, graphic designer, interior designer, artists, photographer or animator)
- to want to explore all specialisms – for example you’ll study everything from painting to sculpture to printmaking and ceramic
- to be dedicated to the course demands and work hard to develop your creative skills, with the support of your tutors
Why study Art, Design & Media at Calderdale College
- We’ve got courses that give you a taste of different specialisms, perfect for discovering where your real talents lie.
- You’ll enjoy our modern facilities, including our brand new DigiHub, and the chance to learn in the classroom, the studio and during exciting work placements.
- You’ll enjoy field trips and learning from experts with real industry experience.
- You’ll be supported to make your passions a career reality, by tutors who’ve done the same.
- We can help you develop a portfolio of art, media and design-related work for entry to Higher Education.