Sport & Public Services
If you land a spot on our Sport courses, you will have access to our state-of-the-art Inspire Sport & Fitness Centre, which offers you use of the rock climbing wall, 3G pitch, fitness suite, full size multi-sports hall and outdoor grass pitch.
For Public Services, whether it’s the fire service, police, support work or HM Customs and Excise, we’ll give you dozens of long-term career options with a qualification from Calderdale College.
With these courses, you have the potential to make a real difference in people’s lives and have a hugely positive impact on your community – go for it!
Are these courses for you?
- If you’re a budding athlete, fitness instructor, PE teacher or sports coach, our wide-ranging sports courses put you on track for career success.
- You’ll enjoy a mix of theory, group activities, industry visits and practical assessments.
- Aspire to be a fire fighter or police officer? Have a keen community spirit and a strong desire to protect the public? Our Public Services course enables you to join those ranks.
Why study Sport & Public Services at Calderdale College
- You’ll get expert supervision and exciting practical challenges, plus a big foot up the ladder when it comes to searching for jobs.
- You’ll learn in our state-of-the-art Inspire Sport & Fitness Centre on campus and have the opportunity to join one of our Sports Academies who train regularly with professionals and often go on to sign professional contracts or gain scholarships abroad.
- You will work with tutors who have close links with many sports-related professions and the public service industry, such as: sports coaches, personal trainers, gym instructors, PE specialists, sport therapists, West Yorkshire Police Force, fire & rescue services, Army, Navy and Marine regiments as well as a range of outdoor adventure organisations.
- You will develop leadership and teamwork skills that will be valuable in everyday life.
- You will gain the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to work in your chosen industry.