We are in partnership with Health Education England. This project is focused on working closely with health and social care sector employers to identify key digital skills needed in the workforce.
Health & Social Care
As the UK population lives longer, demand for people with qualifications in Health and Social Care is increasing year on year. It’s a broad sector with rewarding roles looking after the health and well-being of children, adults and people at risk.
You might be passionate about improving the mental health of the nation; nursing the elderly; providing better care for disabled children, or working in prisons. You may want to support and educate others in a nursery, care home, school or hospital setting – whatever your vision, our courses give you a multitude of career routes to choose from.
Are these courses for you?
Caring for people with physical and mental health problems can be highly engaging and rewarding.
But have you got what it takes to succeed? Are you:
- dedicated to making a positive difference to other people’s lives
- patient, enthusiastic and energetic
- keen to create a safe, caring and stimulating environment for others
- able to combine theoretical and practical work and ready to grab placement opportunities with local employers in health, social care, and/or childcare by the horns?
Why study Health & Social Care at Calderdale College
- Our range of courses are designed to take you through to meaningful employment in your chosen vocation, or to progress onto a higher level of study at Uni
- We are working with NHS Health Education England to promote digital skills within the sector, so you’ll be trained to be at the forefront of a digital-ready workforce
- You’ll gain hands-on work experience, nationally-recognised qualifications, and the confidence you need to wow potential employers
- Our state-of-the-art facilities include a Hospital Room, Dentistry Demo Room and Pharmacy