We have four Sport Academies in:
- Men’s Football – in partnership with FC Halifax Town
- Women and Men’s Rugby – in partnership with Halifax Panthers
- Women’s Football – in partnership with Huddersfield Town Foundation
- Basketball – in partnership with Bradford Dragons
What are the benefits?
- Daily organised coaching, team coaching and training
- Organised fixtures against local and national teams
- Opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification that can lead to employment of further study
- Opportunities to study alongside other sports enthusiasts for an enjoyable and fulfilling experience
- Chance to progress to an elite level in your chosen sport
Learn a trade as an academy student
We are proud to be able to offer a unique trade pathway for our academy students.
Calderdale College is one of the only college’s in the country to offer students the chance to learn a trade and gain a construction qualification whilst continuing their sporting journey with their academy team.
We work closely with our professional and elite sporting partners (FC Halifax Town, Halifax Panthers, Huddersfield Town Foundation & Bradford Dragons), to be able to offer this exciting opportunity.
Your timetable is individually managed to ensure you get ample time in the classroom, in the workshop and on the field or court!
In partnership with Halifax Panthers, this is a unique opportunity for you to develop the knowledge and expertise you need for a career in the industry, or to further your study at university.
FC Halifax Town and Calderdale College Development Centre for Football is a unique training scheme for young talented footballers aged 16-19.
The Calderdale College Women’s Football Academy in partnership with Huddersfield Town Foundation is a unique training scheme for young talented female footballers aged 16-19.
In partnership with Bradford Dragons, our Elite Basketball Academy offers a unique opportunity and pathway in which 16-19 year olds can progress to an NBL level side whilst gaining an education.
Follow us on Twitter
Please fill in the form linked below if you wish to book our facilities.
Rock Climbing Wall
Mon – Fri | 9am – 9pm
Sat – Sun | 9am – 5pm
Football, Rugby and Basketball Academies
Free car parking
Get in Touch
Call us on 01422 399 331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids Holiday Camps
Hannah Cockroft Sports Hall
Inspire Centre Gym
Classrooms & Meeting Venue