If you are studying a HNC, HND, FD, PGCE or BA Top Up course at Calderdale College you can apply for funding to help cover your fees and living costs through Student Finance England.

  • Open Day Events

  • Student Finance England

  • Term Dates

Call in to see our Advice and Guidance team in Learner Services on A floor or call 01422 399 367 and ask for an adviser to help you with this process. Full time students need to apply for funding before 31st May (it is possible to apply after this deadline; however, your funding is not guaranteed to be in place for the start date of your course).

View the full fee policy for 2018/19.

If you’re a full-time student, there is a loan available which will cover your tuition fees, and will be paid directly to the College.

There is also a maintenance loan available (depending on your household income). You will pay these loans back in small, manageable instalments when you have finished the course and are earning more than £21,000.

There is additional support for those with children that you don’t have to pay back (for children under 15, or under 17 if they have special educational needs) with 85% of your childcare costs paid (unless you receive the childcare element or Working Tax or Universal Credit) you can get up to £155.24 a week for one child or up to £266.15 a week for more than one child, depending on their household income. Parents Learning Allowance may also be available.

There is also a dependents grant available if you have a partner who is dependent on you financially.

Your maintenance loan payment will only be released once you have completed the application process and enrolled (or re-enrolled) onto your course.  
See the SFE video on what you need to do to be paid your Student Finance for the start of your course.

Please note if you withdraw from your course you will need to inform Student Finance England as well as Calderdale College as there will be financial implications.  Please discuss this with a Student Adviser for further information.

Receive £500 cash back on your studies at our University Centre. Read more about our Higher Education Bursary Scheme.

The College has a Higher Education Hardship Fund available which provides additional support for students on Higher Education programmes. Please contact the Advice and Guidance team on 01422 399367 for further information and an application form.

Prior to starting your course, it is advisable to work out if this is financially viable, especially if you plan to give up work, or will lose benefits that you were previously eligible for.  Before you do this you are advised to speak to the benefits agency to see how your benefits may be affected by enrolling onto a higher education course.

In addition to this you can use the Student Finance Calculator
By accessing the Money Advice Service you can see if it would be financially viable to manage the funds available to you

If you are a new part time student you can now apply for a Tuition Fee Loan to cover the fee for your course. You can apply online or download a part time application form from www.gov.uk website.

  • Part-time HNC (2 year programme) annual fee £3990
  • Part-time HND top-up (2 year programme) annual fee £3990
  • Part-time HND (3 year programme) annual fee £5370
  • Part-time Foundation Degree (3 year programme – Sept start) annual fee £5370
  • Part-time Foundation Degree (4 year programme – Feb start) annual fee years 1 & 4 £2690 / years 2 & 3 £5370
  • Part-time BA (Hons) top-up (2 year programme – Sept start) annual fee £5270
  • Part-time BA (Hons) top-up (2 year programme – Feb start) annual fee year 1 £3070 / year 2 £6143

These fees apply to any new entrant in 2018/19.

Tuition Fee Disclaimer

Pease note, under student finance guidelines; if you have completed a degree, HNC/D, or Foundation degree previously (regardless of how it was funded), you cannot get a tuition fee loan for a course of the same level.  If this applies to you, please seek guidance from Student Finance England on 0300 100 0607 prior to your enrolment onto a higher education course.

Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs) funding is available to higher education students who have a diagnosed disability, specific learning difficulty or other long-term illness which affects their ability to study.

The funding may provide equipment, personal support or medical support depending on the needs of the student. These needs are assessed as part of the application for the funding. More information about DSAs can be found online at www.gov.uk

For a full list of the University Centre’s regulations and policies please click HERE.